Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday Night Links

Here's your weekly dose of my favorite links, with a slight change in format.

New Blogs, Magazines and Books


Starting this week I will be highlighting my favorite new blogs, magazines, newspapers and other great soccer writing that I've found.  They're good enough to go into my RSS feed, pay for a subscription, or pay for a copy of the book.  They may not be new to the writing world at large, but they're new to me as I've just now stumbled upon them.  I can't promise new finds every week (the limits of my RSS feed and reading time constrain me), but when I do make new finds I will post them here.
  • The Blizzard: If you enjoy the format of The Atlantic (sorry EPL Talk, I am a lifelong subscriber and can't help ripping you off) and the quality of writing you find at the Guardian, The Tomkins Times, or Zonal Marking this magazine is for you.  It's going to be released on a quarterly basis, and clock in between 150 to 200 pages.  It's like a fine drink - enjoyed slowly over an extended period of time as opposed to the rushed consumption of a blog.  Issue 0 is out now, and if you enjoy it Issue 1 will be coming out this summer.  Pay your three quid or more (it's a pay-what-you-like plan), and judge the content for yourself.
  • Overlapping Run: I've been reading content from this blog when its Take Me Out To The Ballgame series of posts would show up on the MLS Talk blog.  It seems now that the author has brought those posts back to his blog exclusively, and will keep all content exclusive to his site.  Great MLS attendance analysis, great comparisons between the leagues, and great quick posts.  A must have for the US soccer fan.
Favorite Links of the Week
Enjoy the soccer-filled weekend!  I'll be watching my Sounders live on Friday night, and will try to squeeze in the US Men's National Team match on Saturday afternoon before I go out to dinner.  See you on the backside...

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...